Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Saturday, September 1, 2018
Miss Tranquility and Lord Calvert Rules & Regulations
A. CANDIDATE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. The Miss Tranquility Pageant and Lord Calvert Contest is open to all persons between the ages of 16 and 19 as of August 31, of the participating year.
2. Each candidate must be enrolled in a secondary school or post-secondary school and have a 75% cumulative grade point average. “Cumulative grade point average” is defined as the average of the candidate’s grade points for all years of secondary or post secondary school attended.
3. Each candidate must have been a resident of
for at least three
(3) years. Calvert
4. A candidate must never have been married nor have had children prior to or during the reign (September 2018 through September 2019).
5. Former winners are not eligible to participate in the contest. Please note: Miss Calvert Farm Bureau is eligible to participate in the Miss Tranquility Contest.
6. Application materials and entry fee must be received by 6pm, September 7, 2018. These can be hand delivered to fairgrounds or mailed to:
The Calvert County Fair, Inc.
P.O. Box 224
Attention: Miss Tranquility and Lord Calvert
Applications may be obtained from any committee member, your high school’s guidance office, the Calvert County Fair website or you may use the application found at the end of these rules & regulations. Application must be complete, legible and filled out in blue or black ink or will be disqualified.
7. All contestants are required to participate in assigned events at the Fair, including “Youth Day” activities on Friday, September 28, 2018. Exceptions will be made for previous engagements that are specified in writing by the contestant to the committee by the evening of the orientation and creative assignment. Failure to meet this requirement will result in scholarship and/or money being withheld from winner/contestant.
8. Miss Tranquility and Lord Calvert are required to be at the Fairgrounds a minimum of 30 hours each during Fair Week (4-8 hours each day + 6 hours on Youth Day), and their court a minimum of 20 hours each (3-6 hours each day, of which 6 hours on Youth Day). 4H contestants also need to put in their hours at the fair (showing and taking care of your animals are not considered part of your hours). In addition, these winners and their court are to represent the Calvert County Fair at selected county events. (See Tentative Schedule of Events)
Application and Rules HERE
Wednesday, August 15, 2018